Sunday, December 15, 2013

Back to California


Bags are packed! I can't tell you how anxious we are to get to California. I feel like it's been months since we found out about this surgery, yet it's only been a few weeks. Natalie had another echocardiogram last week which confirmed her pulmonary stenosis. Her gradient is actually worse than it was a month ago, so we are ready to get her little heart repaired.



The out pouring of love and support from our community, family and friends has left me speechless. My heart is full of gratitude, and appreciation. It's so reassuring knowing that we aren't going through this alone. Michael, Samuel, Natalie and I could not go through this without your encouragement, prayers, and help.

This week our family had the opportunity to take part in the Sparrow Club assembly for Natalie. The Sparrow Club encourages schools and donors to take part in adopting a medically fragile kid. I had no idea the enthusiasm of 500 elementary kids would move me the way they did. They cheered Natalie's name, sang songs, and pledged to raise $2500 to pay back the local donors. At the end of the assembly a young boy came running up to me and handed me some cash. He took every last dollar he had on him and gave it to Natalie. I don't know about you, but my heart aches with thankfulness.

This last year has changed me and my family. We don't take a moment for granted, as we know so well how precious our lives are. I savor the sweet moments with Natalie. Often it's just watching her play, or kissing her sweet chubby cheeks. I look at her with amazement and awe. I watch her with Samuel and wonder what their future holds. I wonder if she knows just how much she is loved.


Please continue to pray for our precious little girl.

Blessings,

The Pierce Family


No comments:

Post a Comment